20 replies to this topic

#1 Squawk7600

Squawk7600

Creeper

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:30 AM

Hello to all!

Man I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to see that the Interstate community is still alive after all of these years, and with some of the old players I recognize at that!

I was Squawk7600, many may not remember me but I was online nearly every day along with my old friend Silent Rampage. I happened to install I'82 on this XP machine and lo-and-behold, it works. I also happened to find a CD I burned (as that was the trend in 2002) of my entire addon folder of my old hacks! It took a while to remember exactly how to get everything working (default.vdf, making the file "read-only", etc) but I managed to get things running again.

Below is a picture I just snapped of my Charger with the '76 Piranha paint scheme at one of the [GUN] maps, Naboo MotoX.

Posted Image

I'm planning to do a new computer build in the next couple of months and I hope I can follow the new instructions for getting online and hopefully rejoin a few of you from the glory days. I was between ages 10 - 13 when I played that game all summer long, it's great to be able to go back and re-live all of those memories.

#2 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hah, nice! That was one of my maps. I nearly forgot that I had ever made it! That's CADman's car in the billboard. He still shows up around these parts once in a while.

Good to see you're back!

#3 Squawk7600

Squawk7600

Creeper

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Ha that and Baja Run and so many other great maps. So much stuff is coming flooding back to me. The "door locks" hack, the ped speed hack, that "secret mountain" in the Vegas map, the elusive change-the-ped's-gun hack...haha it makes me so happy!

I ran across some patch files and an updated servers.dat file last night, and three servers come up and are apparently working, but there's just no one on.

I thought I would post a link to it here just in case it hasn't already been passed along. It's hosted by a group on facebook and the link won't work unless you're signed in on facebook.

Patch Files for Newer Systems + srevers.dat

Just unzip the contents directly to the I'82 directory.

Again, this may be old news, but wanted to pass it along anyway!

#4 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

Awesome man. Yeah, a lot of good times were had by all. Hopefully we can recreate some of that with IO.

I think we may start a new forum on here just for i82/i76 related posts. Clearly there's a demand for it!

#5 stormycanz

stormycanz

Vigilante

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

Baja Run forgot about that map. one of the best
www.vmotorsport.co.nz

#6 Squawk7600

Squawk7600

Creeper

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Yeah I'd say there's definitely a demand. Maybe get some "re-live the old days" games going while waiting on this new project! I still have the files for those maps if anyone wants them.

#7 Azz [GUN]

Azz [GUN]

Lead Programmer

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

I Still have some good stuff too,

BOB the boot patch, created him a bit late but he worked, ;c)

allowed you to boot cheaters out of the game by typing in the chat box since Activision didn't think it was appropriate to be able to kick unwanteds out of a game.

#8 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Whoa, I barely remember this stuff, but it's coming back. I remember talking to Dan Kegel about anet. Didn't we also discover how to start the console on i82? I think so.

#9 Azz [GUN]

Azz [GUN]

Lead Programmer

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

I even managed to compile multilayer maps with the Single Player FSM Scripting and have turnaround cams, Teleporting and switches to open gates !

#10 Squawk7600

Squawk7600

Creeper

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:17 AM

Yes! Switches to open gates! I don't recall any multiplayer maps that had been implemented on, I always had wished it worked. The console would have been pretty sweet, although I don't remember that ever being "put out there".

#11 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

I believe it was passed to the executable in the startup/shortcut. Something like i82.exe -console

I don't think that was it, but it was along those lines. Jon Factor has copies of all of this stuff that he's working on putting together for a relaunch of the i82.co.uk website. Plans are still in the works, but I think we'll be hosting the i82 forum here. The old IO Mod stuff is buried in there somewhere and should be available again.

#12 Azz [GUN]

Azz [GUN]

Lead Programmer

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

I still have the original interstate outlaws mod for i82.!

#13 Squawk7600

Squawk7600

Creeper

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Speaking of which, is there any word on when i82.co.uk will be relaunched? I can't even begin to describe how much time the 11-13 year old me spent on there lol.

#14 Sundance

Sundance

Creeper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

I'76-er reporting for duty! It's great to see this community is still up and running!

What's the deal with this project interstate alpha.. Is it still in development or has it been cancelled?
I really wish that we could go back to the days of spending long nights on the road killing creepers B)

Who else is still alive here?
I was Spitfire [NV] and been around since the beginning of I'76 & nitro.. was part of the gangs Groove Disciples, Wheel Warriors, GUN(short time) and last the leader of Nevada Vigilantes. Anyone to recognize me? Not to confuse me with that other Spitfire who hijacked my name. He's active on this forum too.

#15 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

It's still in development, coming along slowly. We had a long hiatus since this doesn't really pay our bills, but we're trying to get an updated version pushed out. I recognize you! Though I didn't know about your GUN history...?

#16 Sundance

Sundance

Creeper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Good to hear about the project, hope to actually play the game some day. I would help you out but unfortunately I don't know anything about writing code or modelling.

And also good to hear that finally someone recognizes me.. there's a lot of people on here when I check the memberslist who I still recognize. People like Nitemare, Ace, Wing, Azz, CADman, Doggfood, Arsenic pants, RedFive(u?), Lightfoot, Shinobi, The Professional, TheWraith, Zaphod, RiFter, some of the big names who were always active on the forums.

Yea, I was in GUN for only a short time, one month maximum. Not sure if even CADman would still recognize me now haha.
Spitfire [Nevada Vigilantes] from I'76 & Nitro..

#17 Squawk7600

Squawk7600

Creeper

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

I seem to remember you also, Spitfire! I wonder if anyone remembers Fabian, his name was Fireball online. Can't seem to recall which gang he was with. When I made the transition from I'76 to I'82 he helped me learn the '82 hacking world.

#18 Overkill

Overkill

Creeper

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Programming, video games, computers, software development, server management, Maintaining Game Servers, Learning new languages, learning new techniques, learning new skills.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:34 AM

lool

#19 Evo

Evo

Public Relations

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hey Spitfire, I recognise you.

I've lost touch with Rifter and now feel compelled to get back in touch with him after you brought him up.

If you don't recognise me, I went by EViL[HSV]. ;)

Make sure you hang around, we've got something good a-cooking. :)
This is just a placeholder...

#20 Wing Nut OOA

Wing Nut OOA

Creeper

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

wow, all these names being tossed about,

just a shame i was a few years late to the scene,

my first game was the arsenal, with nitro and gold edition,

missed out on a lot of good action in Original and when nitro was first launched,

i82 was something else, seemed like a shoe that you really liked but just never fit quite right,

i had a couple maps i really loved on there, probably the two most popular i'm sure, i think they were both made by GUN members, probably the same guy,

there was CrossRoads, but i think that was my second fav, can't recall the other, seemed it was the new "Air Base" everybody and their brother chose that map to duel,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users