• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 markimus

markimus

Creeper

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Although I couldn't get the game to work on my windows 7 computer (going to try it on a virtual computer in a bit, once its finished updating...) I watched the intro video and it looked quite good to be honest.

I never played interstate 76 or 82 I was more of a vigilante 8 fan myself, but me and a friend are currently attempting to create a vehicle combat game at the minute, we started off using unity but now we've swapped over to UDK due to previous experience, and we find it easier.

I was just generally enquiring if you're still working on the game? And what you've got left to do?

#2 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yep, we're still in active development. I wouldn't bother trying to get the old version to run if I were you. We wrote that version years ago in the Crystal Space engine. In fact, it really should be taken down. We've come a long way since then.

It's a shame you never got to play the Interstate series. Vig 8 was more of an arcade game whereas the Interstate series was more immersive.

Thanks for stopping by man, have a good one! Let us know how your game turns out!

#3 Azz [GUN]

Azz [GUN]

Lead Programmer

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Welcome markimus.

We are getting there ;c)

I am quite interested to see what progress you have made with UDK.

We are currently using Unity 3D.

#4 Wing Nut OOA

Wing Nut OOA

Creeper

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Welcome markimus.

We are getting there ;c)

I am quite interested to see what progress you have made with UDK.

We are currently using Unity 3D.

is there a current download?

and kindly disregard that new acct, was having some password issues, but it seems its all worked out now,

ran across a couple pics while i was reminiscing in google images, looks pretty good,

i dont even remember what computer i had last time i downloaded IO, i looked through some of my old posts, seems i was having trouble figuring out the controls and such, be interesting to see what advancements have been made over the last 5 years,

somebody should be paying you guys,

when my new locksmith business takes off i'll make a donation,

thanks for keeping the spirit alive!

#5 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

There isn't a current download available, but we're really working hard toward getting one out there in the next couple of months. I hate to sound like a frickin gamin company, but 1st quarter 2013 is our goal.

Right now we've hit a slow down due to the holidays. We'll try to get some new screenshots out there before New Years.

Thanks for keeping the faith!

#6 Wing Nut OOA

Wing Nut OOA

Creeper

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

its not hard to keep faith in this,

i can count on one hand the number of online games i've in which i've partaken,

and they only reason there were that many was because of I76, but i've just never found anything else that will compete,

i'm sure you guys are very literate in this task but i'm sure Greek would be easier for me to learn, so as far as this thing goes, you might as well be super heroes, performing miracles, i haven't the foggiest of ideas on what a project like this entails, i just keep envisioning a bunch of 1's and 0's lol

keep it up guys

#7 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Well, it's not quite Greek, but a little bit of pocket protector in your DNA does help!

We have some great talent working on this. Some of them are straight up professional game developers -- and yes, I think they may actually see the world in 1's and 0's -- others, like me, are getting a little bit of OJT. The team is small and very easy to manage since everybody is so motivated to make this happen. It's slow going since we all have day jobs, but we will get there. The last six months have seen a significant amount of progress. We're really just trying to clean up and polish things a little bit before we let it loose.

#8 Wing Nut OOA

Wing Nut OOA

Creeper

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

well as soon as you get some screen shots i'm sure we'd all like some teasers

#9 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

There is some recent stuff in the last couple of pages of news on the main website, but we'll work on some more new stuff for ya!

#10 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

As promised, I whipped together a little preview for you tonight. Also posted in the news. Click for a larger view! :D

This map is still a big work in progress. As you can see, I haven't done much as far as textures go.

Posted Image

#11 Hotrod-Heart[HG]

Hotrod-Heart[HG]

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

That's pretty cool! ;)

#12 -HF- Wing' AVA

-HF- Wing' AVA

Creeper

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

That screengrab looks VERY promising.

Keep it up!

#13 Azz [GUN]

Azz [GUN]

Lead Programmer

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Screenshot%20%284%29.png

#14 DJ_Edyo

DJ_Edyo

Creeper

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

Sorry to resurect this topic if it is old but here is the thing, your interstate game owtlaw got talken alot over teh net and ppl are starting to think its dead, im saying to them that it is not but since the website host an old obselete alfa version it make's it odd for them, i would consider for ylou guy that you start relashing soon an open-alfa and give it on a donwload server and if you use teh argument that it would cost to store this thing up, you should know then that mega upload is back on wheel again legaly and from new zeland to make sure it is not again roten down by the US Goverment !

Anyway any newcomer and registering gives you 50 gb of sorage and liking stuff for private downloads ! ;)
https://mega.co.nz/

So yeah me and the I'82 Fans would be pleased to see around a new alfa version of this game and have fun whit it  ! :)

Interstate'82 Vigilante's Association

Here For Bringing The Best Is'82 Gaming Times !
www.i82va.com

#15 stormycanz

stormycanz

Vigilante

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

I'm come from New Zealand dude. spell it correctly fool. 

Id like to also remind you that outlaws is OUR project and not yours, We will do what we like and at the pace that we like, Would we like to have a alpha for you to play around with? sure but we didn't undertake this project for you, it will be ready when its ready and not before

FYI my comments don't necessary speak for the entire team, you are welcome to spend time on the forum, just be a little more respectful while your here

www.vmotorsport.co.nz

#16 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Nah, I'm pretty sure your comments *do* speak for the entire team.

#17 Jon-Factor

Jon-Factor

Dev Team

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Don't worry about our ability to host the game when it is released for download, we are not using a free domain hosting service like 000webhost.

#18 Azz [GUN]

Azz [GUN]

Lead Programmer

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Right,

What you guys don't seem to understand is:

Everyone on the development team is doing this as a part time project.  We all have other Full Time Jobs to keep as well as spending time with our family.

Yes development is slow and as it stands I think we are now on the Third game engine in an attempt to keep up with the advances in technology. so we are not producing something that is visually inadequate.

But I Tell you what if you can match my current salary which is approximately 100k (USD) I will quit my Job and develop Outlaws full time.

You should be a bit more respectful of what everyone on this team gives to this project.

#19 DJ_Edyo

DJ_Edyo

Creeper

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

Guys This is Real Hostile waht you have said there, I never meaned to be unrespectfull. I do like the job you are doing on Owtlaw and yes i understand it is YOUR PROJECT and that you have lifes outside and have Full Time Jobs as i do,but the point here, was simply asking if you were about to realase an alfa of your new Owtlaw To The Public.

By the answer's you gaved me i must tink it will be no.

@stormycanz Never: I Never wanted to insult your country and im not 100 % match perfect in english, so please excuse me on this.
@Jon-Factor: 000webhost was an alternative to keep the i82va.com site alive, since as like you guys, i have a full time job and dont have the $$ to continue whit Networksolutions hosting heavy bills, so it would be nice not to critisise me for that ! (i do whit what i can)

Im not The God of Programing, But I Will Always Try to Keep Our Vigilante's Association Alive and Roling For The Sake of The Interstate Series Fans.

So as a Recap: Im not forcing anyone, i was just asking, Thanks anyway For The Cherfull Enswers.

Interstate'82 Vigilante's Association

Here For Bringing The Best Is'82 Gaming Times !
www.i82va.com

#20 stormycanz

stormycanz

Vigilante

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

but the point here, was simply asking if you were about to realase an alfa of your new Owtlaw To The Public.
By the answer's you gaved me i must tink it will be no.
@stormycanz Never: I Never wanted to insult your country and im not 100 % match perfect in english, so please excuse me on this.

Sorry but your post didn't come across as that question. If it had We would had simply said not ready yet. We are further along than what the progress slider suggests though.

Don't stress about the country thing. Your German right? Not a expert in languages. but I think the i82 download you have is in German. Your profile suggests your Canadian. I think your post's intent may have been lost in translation.
www.vmotorsport.co.nz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users