• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 faited

faited

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

I'd love to be a part of your growing team! Once you said you folks were longtime fans of I'76 & I'82, I just had to join up as I was a die-hard fan of I'76 (especially the sound track).

My professional background is in Software Quality Assurance & being an IT Manager. Because of this, I'm quite familiar with the software development life cycle, Windows & Linux environment, web-based apps, tools & testing methodologies, version control, project management and hardware/software configuration management. I've donated my time to various open-source projects & non-profit organizations- most recently, OpenOffice.org. I'm also bilingual (spanish) so I can help out with translation. I'm familiar with various languages- HTML, Perl, PHP- so I can help out with the website. I've used various databases, mostly SQL/MySQL. When I come home to "relax," my two major "side projects" are writing (in the process of finishing my first book) & music production. Both of which I've been doing for well over 10 years as hobbies & as a way to de-stress. I love music- whether it be doing remixes or straight music production and beat creation (so if there's help needed in the storyline or soundtrack, I'd be VERY interested to be of help there).

Wow, that was a lot longer than I intended. I see that there aren't any "open positions" for anything I've mentioned but I wanted to throw everything out there just in case my experience meshes with any project needs.

Please contact me if you'd like any further info,
--fait

#2 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

Faited,

Thank you very much for your interest. I had to think about this overnight because it's such a big decision to bring new people onto the team. We really try to keep the team as tight and close knit as possible. I, as do the rest of the IO team, really appreciate your enthusiasm for the project and going so far as to volunteer to help us. I can't tell you how encouraging that is to all of us. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, we really just aren't looking to fill the jobs that you were discussing.

Depending on the specific job, our current situation is one of three things. The first is that we need more people in addition to the guys we already have working in a specific area -- this would be the jobs that we have listed in the sticky. The second condition is that we have enough people already working on the specific area. The third being a job that is really not critical to our mission and something we ignore until some unspecified time in the future -- an example of this would be translation to other languages.

I will definitely make sure that we keep note of your abilities so that when the times comes that we need more help in those areas, we will know where to go.

In the mean time, the team and I would greatly appreciate your experience with Quality Assurance and providing feedback in the feedback forum. When we can get direct feedback from users, it really helps us to work out the kinks. In addition, we also have serious financial obligations to keep our servers running, so feel free to donate. We transferred significantly more gigabytes of data since release a few weeks ago than we had expect to, and that isn't free. Thank you again for your wonderful offer to help.

Best Regards,
Logan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users