4 replies to this topic

#1 henrebotha

henrebotha

Creeper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:49 PM

Word up.

I'm a sound engineer and musician. While I have no work experience in either field, I've been playing musical instruments for 13 years, and I'm currently studying sound engineering (though I should point out, modesty aside, that I'm probably the best in my year).

I am skilled at sound engineering, and my ear is good. I have done (as college projects) sound for films, which involved both sound design and foley (the latter referring to the actual recording of sound effects - whacking a couch with a stick to create a punch sound, that sort of thing).

Music is my real passion, and I have extensive classical theoretical training. I have a real soft spot in my heart for funk! I can play a few instruments (guitar, piano, bass, saxophone) and sing, and I would love to whip up some funky tunes for this project (though any lyric-writing is perhaps left to others, until such time as I get comfortable enough with my own work to display it).

I have access to recording equipment and musical instruments.

I never owned I76, but when I was around ten or eleven years of age, a friend did, and I ruthlessly borrowed and re-borrowed the game from him. I loved every minute of it - from the funk tunes to the ridiculous polygonal people to the utterly mental (yet highly strategic) destruction.

If this project picks up steam again, and it gets to the point where the involvement of sound engineers and musicians becomes possible, you guys are welcome to drop me an e-mail. I'll probably not check this board again anytime soon, but my email is henrebotha at gmail dot com.

peace

#2 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:11 PM

Hey sounds good. We're trying to get something rolling soon. Hopefully we'll be in touch sooner rather than later :)

#3 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

Are you still interested in the position?

#4 henrebotha

henrebotha

Creeper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:22 PM

Yup. Didn't get a notification of the first reply, only of this one.

#5 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:15 PM

Okay, great. We're going to be picking up steam soon. I just wanted to know if you were still interested. I will be in touch with you soon. Thanks!

R5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users