• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Stampede

Stampede

Creeper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

Firstly i've gotta say, please keep up the good work guys. This project is well worth seeing through.

Now I doubt nothing has been made that is as good as i76 but does anyone have any suggestions of games that might come close???

It's a high pitched sound
Hot rubber eternally pressing against a blackened pavement
A wheel is forever
A car is infinity times four B)

#2 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

Honestly, this project is as close as it gets.

#3 Nitro

Nitro

Creeper

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:20 AM

There is this title which I found on Intersate 76' wikipedia page "American Funk" http://www.amfunk.com/ developed by Seventh Sun http://www.seventh-sun.com/ (Sounds like a joke, right?)
I quote from wikipedia : "American Funk - An auto combat simulation developed by Seventh Sun Studios. Currently on hold, until after their d?but title is released. "

#4 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

Half of the people working on IO used to work on AM Funk until its creator one day closed up shop without a word. AM Funk has been promised to the world since I was in secondary school without any results to show for -- and trust me, that has been quite a few years now. Not to mention that the engine that was planned on being used was substandard at best.

Trust me, I'd love to see two, three, or even four autocombat games surface and rule the world. But don't hold your breath for AM Funk. IO has produced more in six months than AM Funk has in a decade -- and we're slow as molasses around here.

#5 Nitro

Nitro

Creeper

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

I am very sad to hear that, I actually book marked The game's web site to check it once in a while..

R5, I did a little publishing for Interstate Outlaws, but just a little. I hope it will bring one or maybe couple of people who will be able to help with The programing.

#6 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

Well, that's very kind of you. I hope it helps! Thanks!

#7 Shinobi

Shinobi

Creeper

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:32 AM

There is this title which I found on Intersate 76' wikipedia page "American Funk" http://www.amfunk.com/ developed by Seventh Sun http://www.seventh-sun.com/ (Sounds like a joke, right?)
I quote from wikipedia : "American Funk - An auto combat simulation developed by Seventh Sun Studios. Currently on hold, until after their d?but title is released. "

Hi Nitro,

Yes, AM Funk is currently on hold. We were going to do it as our first title, however we decided to do something different first to give our inhouse engine more development time. We are getting to close to the end of the development cycle on that project though. :)

If you want, PM me and I'll put you on the list of people to be contacted when we have something new available.

#8 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:31 AM

As you can see, AM Funk's creator hasn't contradicted anything I've said. Bottom line is that virtual autocombat is like NASA: I love both, but things are slow-going and I don't expect to be on Mars (or the virtual southwest) anytime soon.

That said, I have this nifty aerospace engineering degree that might help -- with exactly which endeavor, I'm just not sure yet ;)

#9 Stampede

Stampede

Creeper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

All very interesting guys but not the answer I was hoping for, which is a shame.

Teasing me with IO, getting me all excited and then making me wait. :( I wish I could help push things along but i couldn't program my left nut.

I just can't believe there haven't been more imitators of such a glorious game. :unsure:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They twist like quad-coiled vipers
Feeding on combustion's waste
Black as ink and hot as Hades they join below
Eternally in shadow, unless of course, I roll
They belt a rumbling and vibrate fear
Into the bones of my foe

Stampede

#10 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:48 PM

Ah, those who can't program should hire us some staff :P

#11 Chael

Chael

Creeper

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:37 AM

AM:Funk was on the torque engine right? I remember watching a preview video of the air base level. Wow that was a long time ago!

If you're looking for autocombat, I suggest CrashDay. It's not great, it crashes a lot, but it has cars with guns and can be very entertaining (for a while).

#12 Shinobi

Shinobi

Creeper

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:56 AM

AM:Funk was on the torque engine right? I remember watching a preview video of the air base level. Wow that was a long time ago!

If you're looking for autocombat, I suggest CrashDay. It's not great, it crashes a lot, but it has cars with guns and can be very entertaining (for a while).

Yeah, the original incarnation was using the Torque engine. It was okay for its day. If anyone has any of those old videos, I'd love to get a copy of them.

For the commercial restart, our inhouse engine is pretty spectacular. It's better than Torque (and the new version they're hawking). I'm biased though since I wrote the vast majority of it. ;)

#13 GREZZO16

GREZZO16

Creeper

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:33 AM

i've played at craashday and i've really enjoyed it.
it reminded me the good days of I76 :D

Anyway the style is pretty good: demolition derby + something of trackmania + autocombat = Crashday.

it's strange that no one is developing an Interstate mod for this game. Should be simpler than Battlefiedl2.

byeee

#14 Nitro

Nitro

Creeper

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

I checked up on it, it has some real horrible reviews.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users