75 replies to this topic

#41 Tom

Tom

Groove

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:39 AM

FAO XP users.

I76 will run on XP. All that is required is disabling hardware acceleration for your soundcard.

Think that is all anyway... :unsure:

#42 KidGlove

KidGlove

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:49 AM

FAO XP users.

I76 will run on XP. All that is required is disabling hardware acceleration for your soundcard.

Think that is all anyway... :unsure:

How to install i76 Nitro Riders with Vista? This one crash on the Install Shield (sigh sigh).
please tell me here or at: empireofdirt@live.it
cya

#43 Tom

Tom

Groove

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:56 PM

I don't know on Vista I'm afraid. If I ever install it on Vista I'll let you know.

Sorry!

#44 drgameover

drgameover

Creeper

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:IT, Gaming, Forums, Flash, Animation, 3D Modeling

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

I still play I'76 Nitro Pack, I got it from a Walgreen's for $1, just because it looked good, that way the second best bargain bin I've ever looked in, this is still one of my favourite games, but I'm having the hardest time getting it to run on XP, I've googled and looked at every post I could find, and did all of them, I turned off sound acceleration, opened the database and changed both RIFF things that I was told to change to PIFF to disable there sounds, I have it in 95 compatibility mode, put in both patches, copied all the files from the CD, and pasted them in there respective folders, even tried the no-cd fix, but I keep having the same issue, the maps in instant melee don't normally show up, or show up as "missing definition" and if they end up working, the flamethrowers don't work, and the turrets don't seem right, I found a hole in the Lot of Assault with the Tank (it killed me pretty fast too), and one time the mine dropper sound fx wouldn't stop playing, it was like I had a belt loose, this is so weird, since it works so well on my 98, it was also really slow on one XP, like one of those Electric toy Jeeps, I've also tried the -d3d thing, which I also didn't dig, I've tried tons of setting changes... and now the odd part, the compatibility demo runs like a dream on all of these machines I've tested... @_@ Guess I'll get back to work, I come back to this project every now and then, been that way for about a year.

#45 CADman

CADman

Creeper

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

I remember a game called interstate spent a little time there :)

wazzup with i82.co.uk forum reg bros :)

#46 Gearu

Gearu

Creeper

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:23 AM

Don't install vista.. EVER if you own a copy destroy it in case it falls into the hands of someone else.

I've never owned it, just used it and know how bad it is, it's like the government was behind it or something.
Haven't been able to try it on XP, I don't have the install CD, I snapped it (sorry everyone) to stop myself from playing it and focus on RL, just goes to show how good it is, I of course still have the music/play CD, that's just too good.
Currently tracking down an Install CD

#47 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

Heya bro ;)

#48 drgameover

drgameover

Creeper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:58 PM

Don't install vista.. EVER if you own a copy destroy it in case it falls into the hands of someone else.

I've never owned it, just used it and know how bad it is, it's like the government was behind it or something.
Haven't been able to try it on XP, I don't have the install CD, I snapped it (sorry everyone) to stop myself from playing it and focus on RL, just goes to show how good it is, I of course still have the music/play CD, that's just too good.
Currently tracking down an Install CD

I'll upload a copy of I'76 Nitro Pack with the no-CD fix if you'd like :rolleyes:

#49 Gearu

Gearu

Creeper

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:38 AM

I'll upload a copy of I'76 Nitro Pack with the no-CD fix if you'd like :rolleyes:

I only played I'76 regular/classic not Nitro, Gold or Arsenal.
if you have the same with regular that'd be great :D
Perhaps upload the game without the no cd fix applied, but with the no cd fix bundled in with it.

#50 drgameover

drgameover

Creeper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

I only played I'76 regular/classic not Nitro, Gold or Arsenal.
if you have the same with regular that'd be great :D
Perhaps upload the game without the no cd fix applied, but with the no cd fix bundled in with it.

Unfortunately I never got to play the original, lucky ducks, glad I didn't miss out on knowing about it, it's on my wish list as soon as I get my new build made, and I hope it will be easier to setup older games on, any recommendations? :(

#51 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

Lets be careful about what we upload, please.

#52 drgameover

drgameover

Creeper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

Lets be careful about what we upload, please.

Yeah, I try to stick to only uploading REALLY old games, like Shadow Warrior, and that's already abandonware, so it's legal.

#53 dalowroller

dalowroller

Creeper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:16 AM

Hey All. just came across your guys site tonight and thought I'd say hello. Just started playing i76 again. I put together a machine out of spare parts and put win98 on it. (I76 Gold) Also installed Nitro and I82. I never cared for 82 but I'll give it another shot if there are more of you playing it. I came across a program called "dgVoodoo" for those of you that want to make I76w/patch or gold look better :)

#54 Quadrofonic

Quadrofonic

Groove

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

I played I76 & Nitro back in the day.

I still play them a decade later.

#55 CADman

CADman

Creeper

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:19 AM

Would be good to hook up, guys I defo miss raging around the plains of railroad ect :) damn good times.

Now life a little different but I know the gaming is in the blood...

to reveal the CADman that some of you might have known and have enjoyed the maps I made.

this is me

www.riverstrokes.co.uk

any interstate player is welcome to come and have a paddle with me in the UK

Dan.
aka: CADman[GUN]

#56 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

Hey bro. I'll definitely hit you up next time I'm over there! ;)

#57 Azz [GUN]

Azz [GUN]

Lead Programmer

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:14 PM

I heard there was a old guy came inpastto say hello, !

I still check here now and then

if anyone wants to catch up
alan2796@hotmail.co.uk is the MSN
and alan2796 is the XBOX live Gamertag

Take Care Guys !

#58 Guest_Deegan_*

Guest_Deegan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

Hello from the US!

I was just sitting here at work and I started thinking about the old days. i82 that is.

Jeesh it's been a while. I really would like to play again some time, if anyone ever wants to play. Hit me up on MSN - Deegan15x@hotmail.com or Yahoo IM SHLTLUCK

PSN : SHTLUCK (GTA4/COD4/P0RN)

It's been a long damn time since I've had anything to do with i82 and I really must say I miss it in a strange way. Thank you guys for joining me in tons of games, making me a half-way anti-social pothead! But, there is one plus, through exploiting the game (hacking, map making, etc..) I have come across a good job in the IT Field! I have also gained a great knowledge of cars, and am currently working on a 350whp+ e85 burning 1993 Eagle Talon TSi! Just waiting to correct some issues and then I'll be installing the engine and taking it to the dyno to get a tune! I should have a bunch of videos online this summer of track events and outings, so if anyone is interested, hit me up on MSN/Yahoo and I'll be more than happy to send you videos.

So thank you, and Azz, I don't want you responding saying Hi Deegen its DeegAn. :P

Oh, and sorry, I'm pretty sure I will not be checking back on this, so to all, I MISS YOU!

#59 interstaterDani

interstaterDani

Creeper

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

I played i82 after a long experience with Twisted Metal (same gametype). I haven't got the chance for i76 :(
I say till now i82 is the best game, hope i95 (outlaws) will have the same succes!
Interstater till I die...
so dickies beware:

#60 Guest_tubular_smells_*

Guest_tubular_smells_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

I bought my 3 year old boy a toy Lincoln Continental the other day and it got me thinking about I76, which is how I found out about the IO project. I tried I82 once and was just so disappointed after less than 5 minutes that I never even considered trying it again (no in-car view!). However, I76 was one of the best games I have ever seen - no doubt. The graphics might have been limited, but it was used incredibly well (especially the lighting). And, as far as gameplay goes, in over ten years I've only seen a couple of games that could match it.
I lost the discs years ago, though, so I haven't played for ages, but now and again I get all nostalgic about pressing C and listening to Taurus' poetry over the sound of a big rumbling V8 on the way to the next mission...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users