Photo

Having an EXCELLENT time with the game, however...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Maxaxle

Maxaxle

Creeper

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

1. The way the collision physics work make it feel like the engine would work in a GTA game. I'm no developer, but I've been hoping to make a GTA game, no matter how basic, with excellent vehicle controls and weapon dynamics. I've been considering the Quake 3 engine (since it's open-source, will run on anything, and is extremely uncomplicated and lowlag), but what if this is what I've been looking for?
2. The only two games I saw in multiplayer were unreachable, and one of them was actually unnamed, since the game basically said that it couldn't get the name of the server. What's with that?
3. What, no bots?
4. The controls aren't outlined ingame, and there aren't many graphics-affecting options...

#2 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Thanks for the feedback!!! The version you downloaded and played was actually pretty old. We've since discarded it and have started fresh with a new engine. Keep a lookout for it in the next couple of months!

#3 Maxaxle

Maxaxle

Creeper

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

The version you downloaded and played was actually pretty old.

Street Rod 3 all over again... :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just realized, I can't find the .cfg for the IO server...Where is it?

#4 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

The version you downloaded was released in 2007. I honestly have no idea. The last time I looked at that code was 2007!

Seriously, hang in there for a couple months and we'll be releasing a much more capable alpha built on our new code!

#5 Maxaxle

Maxaxle

Creeper

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Seriously, hang in there for a couple months and we'll be releasing a much more capable alpha built on our new code!

"Capable alpha" seems like an oxymoron, but alright.

EDIT: I see exactly two servers on at all times, but I can't seem to connect to either. One starts with "msnbot" and the other is "Unnamed"; anyone up for a quick match or two?

Steam ID: >RoF< Maxaxle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users