• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Quadrofonic

Quadrofonic

Groove

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:02 AM

I just tried out the alpha and it looks really promising.

A few observations:

The visible recoil and ammunition in the weapons shows good attention to detail.

The flames from damaged weapons are a nice visual indicator to both friend and foe how bad you're hurtin'.

The handling changes after taking damage seemed consistant with the damage taken.

On the Crater map, most of the foliage was hanging in the air, about 20ft over the terrain.

It was hard to tell when the vehicle broke traction and began to skid. Will this have an audio or visual feedback to indicate when this state changes so the driver can react accordingly? (I realize this is way down the development timeline.)

Do the vehicle objects have mass and center of gravity properties? These could be a coarse adjustment to differentiate the handling of different chassis.

All in all a great start. Keep up the good work!

#2 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:22 AM

Hey, I'm glad you like it!

The crater map is a little messed up. Hopefully we'll fix that soon. We're definitely implementing audio, but it's a slow process. We don't have anybody dedicated to audio production right now, so it's difficult to get it done along with everything else that we have to do. But like you said, it's only a start!

Thanks for the feedback, we'll definitely be looking at this for the future things we do.

#3 Guest_Makdaam_*

Guest_Makdaam_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

A few suggestions from me:
-I prefered I'76 controls (ie. Tab to change between D and R, down arrow to break, up arrow to accelerate) would it be possible to add it as an option later?
-Can you add a deathbox in the engine? I mean a level below which a car explodes (can be very very far away, just make the falling stop! :))
-A publicly readable source code repository would be useful (I could code something in my free time an publish a patch on the forum, but I wouldn't want to collide with someone else's work) and nope I don't have enough free time to even think about joining the team

And great work guys :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users