How can I play online I'76?

#2 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

I dunno, you could try interstate76.com and register on their forums.

#3 ndlsjk

ndlsjk

Groove

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

I am pretty sure there are only a few servers left running nowadays. Let me do a little searching and see if I can find any of them for you.

Thanks,
Jake

#4 ndlsjk

ndlsjk

Groove

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

Here's the deal...we never lost the ability to play I'76 IP to IP...what we lost was everyone having a public IP address. The game didn't work behind a router due to the dynamic port assignment code.

Nitro Pack didn't have the IP functionality installed as part of the networking protocols so I'm not sure how they would have fixed that issue.

If they did bother to rewrite the DLL's to resolve the dynamic port assignment problems I'd be interested in hearing about it....then all we need to do is reverse port some of the cooler maps from Nitro back to I'76 and we're good to go.

From http://www.interstat...opic.php?t=1185

That being said, the new release from GoG (good old games) apparently does do IP to IP connections. The most recent servers that you could try to connect to are :
174.133.124.242 911.alink.bz911.net
75.127.124.148 alink.bz911.com

I have never tried to play I76 online so I don't know if this information is correct, however I hope I helped.

Thanks again,
Jake

#5 NitemareAVA

NitemareAVA

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

From http://www.interstat...opic.php?t=1185
That being said, the new release from GoG (good old games) apparently does do IP to IP connections. The most recent servers that you could try to connect to are :
174.133.124.242 911.alink.bz911.net
75.127.124.148 alink.bz911.com

I have never tried to play I76 online so I don't know if this information is correct, however I hope I helped.

Thanks again,
Jake

Hey guys the above anet servers are no longer active.

I have contacted Activision and they told me the best bet was GOG.com so off I went. The guys on there are playing I76 but hardly anyone is playing online.

I was approached by a couple of members wanting to start some online games. The method we have found is currently through tunngle this is an online gaming server just like kali (which can be used for Nitro Riders) and Mplayer (from back in the day!).

Tunngle is easy to use and there are many "How To" vids on YouTube which help you through getting set up.

Another method that has just been sorted is to work through a primary IP as a host (and using port-forwarding just like with tunngle). Lightfoot on Interstate76.com has uploaded a ROUTERFIX DLL which can be dropped into the DLL folder in your I76 folder, which enables players to play from behind a router (which has been a significant problem when trying to access an IP to play friends on I76).

I am currently working on getting some gaming organised so if anyone is interested let me know.

#6 Azz [GUN]

Azz [GUN]

Lead Programmer

• Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

I still have a copy of the anet sources if anyone has a linux box to setup a server.

See www.kegel.com and look for anet. you can get them there. also links to a mailing list for people who run servers.

#7 Andre1982

Andre1982

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

Thanks for this.

#8 Guest_OldGamesFan_*

Guest_OldGamesFan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

Hi! I don't actually play Interstate '76 myself, but you might be interested in the Anet server that runs on http://www.battlezone1.net (97.74.125.45). Just like any other Anet server, it likely supports all ActiveNet games, though it was set up primarily for Battlezone, which was actually based on I'76's engine if I remember correctly.

Well, the domain changed, it's now http://www.battlezone1.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users