• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 hotsauce

hotsauce

Creeper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:09 AM

i still play interstate 76 nitro, at least once a week.
gotta be nitro, or nitro riders version.
two servers still work for that version only.

www.BZ911.com server scopes dont wrok

the one we are on currently............www.car.gr

scopes work here: http://car.gr/anet2/...Nitro_Pack.html

custom maps are available @ www.interstate76.com

we usually run our Thursday Night Event from 8 ish texas time till whenever.

sometimes racing, sometimes combat, sometimes hockey!!

also you can get either version of I 76 on ebay, cheap.

remember these games WILL NOT work behind a router. ( you can buy a used modem, high speed or dial up if needed)

#22 H1TMAN

H1TMAN

Creeper

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:28 AM

somthing about taking your time doing a difficult paint job and doing it well makes you happy. I'm trying to get a copy of it now.

#23 H1TMAN

H1TMAN

Creeper

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:30 AM

well if they dont work behind a router i cant play it online then. Im in a granny flat and the router is in the house. but we do have a modem connected.

#24 Spitfire

Spitfire

Creeper

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:55 AM

Hahah, I'76 = Hex edit. I'82 = photoshop :P

#25 Guest_Arkon Deth_*

Guest_Arkon Deth_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:12 PM

:lol: Oh my god!!! i never realised other people still played them! i thought they'd been abandoned since XP , SP1&2 refuse to run the old OpenGL drivers without running in win98 compatibility mode. also that while XP used to connect to the old servers, connection was alwasy lost...
has anyone fixed this? and do people indeed still play it? i have been making my own maps jus for fun for ages and playing them for something to do.
also re-writing the external files to turn off parental control, and made a film-noir version of the game, i'm so glad! how do i go about getting the new servers.dat?

#26 Tom

Tom

Groove

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:29 PM

remember these games WILL NOT work behind a router. ( you can buy a used modem, high speed or dial up if needed)

I am behind a router, my laptop is behind two, and i82 has always run fine. Both machines run XP SP2 and are firewalled. It really depends on your router as to whether you can initially play or not. I used to have a US Robotics router, that was a pain for blocking all manner of ports and totally messing up my normal day to day activity. I now have a pair of netgear routers, they have never failed me and work perfectly together.

If you're having trouble accessing i82 or i76 multiplayer on the Internet from behind a router, make a note of what router it is, and then go about port forwarding.

Hope this helps someone, even if it's a little dated.

#27 Jay

Jay

Creeper

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:31 AM

film noire version, host on google or youtube and give link, be interested to see that.

Ahhh. my single contribution to the i82 community, getting i82 to work on xp by just doing i82stubz.exe :P lol.

i76 doesnt work on xp right, if not I think i'll have to install that win 98 I got lying around to have a go online.

Due the soundtrack the blocky graphics, the feeling that when you hit something you were actually hitting not just nudging into it, I76 was the first car shooter game I played and if you tweaked the graphics you could re-release it (oh wait... thats what crashday did) and make a wad from it.

The only thing I didnt like was that you couldnt roll the car, but I suppose if you had 6 rockets on your roof and you rolled in real life of course the darn things going to explode.

A very complete, great game. The poems, the car physics, the damage models, the single player storyline, i76 was spot on. It may not have looked that pretty but hot damn it kicked ass!

I dont know how they did it but activision screwed up with i82.

In my oppinion it's like they took all the realism and turned i82 into a very ugly big bro of i76. All you had to do was change the darn car physics a bit, tidey up the graphics and make a new story line. C'mon, who the hell wrote the script for that? Pete Doherty on drugs? or some 12 year old kid? C'mon, your job as noble vigilantes is to stop the governments lars and then the president or whatever he was gets into a bloody giant robot and tryes to kill you. Who did they test this on. Retards? Oh hahaha the president gets into a massvie robot and tryes to kill the hero, oh hahahahaha. Omg thats so funny I think i'll just turn off the comp right now so I dont die laughing!

And another thing, what was up with all those maps, most of em must have been half complete, the designers must have been soo lazy cuz they put all these extra bits in which were rather randome and pointless, however the mountains in vegas was neat i'll admit for a laugh. But the rest, what the hell was up with that, rush jobs I tell yas.

Then damage or no damage, they probably spent all of 5 mins making those damage models. I82 feels like mid beta, every time I play it I think... yeh, good game, fun game. Then after 5 min I start noticing all these flaws and thinking, why does that do that, why is that like that, that shouldnt happen, whats up with my in car gun, why is it a machine gun and a hand gun out of car

I bet you at the final meeting they said. Well here is i82, it's not that great but i76 was great so we will make more money by making this average clone of a brilliant first game and calling inerstate 82 because we are so original. Why will we call it this does it have any relevance to the single story... no but who cares. Now we havent really tested the game and the maps arent tideyed up nor do we have a propper damage model but who cares, who really wants to see their ride wrecked and whos going to go out of the confines of the game boundaries. So lets put some pre-release screen shots on the box and watch as the foolish i76 players buy this substandard pile of wank we have created. Sure they will have fun with it but will always be left wishing they were playing i76.

by the way, i was i82 player, then I played i76 and realised how much better i76 was. But ofc the gun maps ruled. Flight path being on of the best and of course the stock map railroad. I just remember being rly cool when I was younger cuz i'd make these skins for the camaro which sucked but I posted them anyways on forum.

soz for longness I got back from an amaing night out end of uni party and I felt like telling you all how great i76 is. I76 revival ftw.

look forward to outlaws :D looks rocking guys, nice skillz.

#28 Argon Bandit

Argon Bandit

Creeper

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:16 AM

yerr i'll be putting it up on my website when i'm done re-designing the general look of the game...everything looked far too clean in 82 as well, so i'm dirtying things up a bit and re-skinning the cars...still looking for an object editor though so i can re-make some of the old I76 cars.
and help would be appreciated...lets make it like it should've been
New i82 maps and addons AVALIABLE NOW! at
WWW.ARCTICPRO.CO.UK/I82

And for those who are interested...
My Re-vamped "Interstate '76 Splash" Music

#29 Guest_IDOL_*

Guest_IDOL_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:32 PM

I was just wondering if anyone here still plays interstate 82 or 76, and if anyone has it working on XP?
I recently found my I82 cd and installed the game but when I press new trip the loading strip comes up but doesnt move!
I think the cd is too scratched or somthing :( Does anyone know what Intersate Outlaws will be like?
I cant wait, I know they said a few weeks but its always longer, but can anyone give me the heads up on GFX/SFX and storyline?
Maybe the layout and some cool cars?

Thanks,

H1TMAN

I am looking to get back into i82 , i76 or this new program is it multiplayer ?

#30 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:35 PM

Yep, Interstate Outlaws is multiplayer and gets a new update about every two weeks. We're due for another very shortly here.

#31 faited

faited

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:06 AM

A very complete, great game. The poems, the car physics, the damage models, the single player storyline, i76 was spot on. It may not have looked that pretty but hot damn it kicked ass!

I couldn't agree more, Jay! I absolutely LOVED I'76...everything was tight- the story, the design of the game (an alternate world in the 70's where gasoline was at a premium) was believable & most of all the soundtrack (I even made a remix of some of the songs...great, now I gotta try & find it). That kickass, keep my downstair-neighbors-up-at-night bassline that felt like i was IN THE 70's. Then they came out with I'82 & I nearly puked when I played the demo. I was soooo disappointed, how could Activision do this to my favorite game at the time (along w/Lucas Arts' "Outlaws"). Activision, which had made me sooo happy w/their other great series of the time- Mech Warrior- had bastardized my baby! Then it started happening w/other games I played- I was totally hooked on Tribes 1 (the online team-based gameplay, the FPS-fragging goodness, skiing in my heavy) & was even in a "clan" & then they came out w/Tribes 2 & I nearly puked (again).

I'm glad someone's doing something similar (thank you, Interstate Outlaws!) as I've been looking for a decent racing fix for SO long. The Need for Speed series has been spotty in terms of consistently good gameplay. The only thing close has been the MMO, Auto Assault. Now I'm off to find my I'76 Nitro Pack cd's 'cuz I'm jones'in for some gaming goodness! :P

#32 Call3mann

Call3mann

Creeper

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 04:40 AM

I still play them, on XP (pro)! xD
I had some issues getting the to work though.
I found a fix that worked for me, it goes as this:

Rename i82stub.exe to something else, like i82stubNew.exe. (If needed, amend your shortcut accordingly.)

That should probably fix the problem, as it did for me.

The above works, because if i82stub.exe is detected by Windows, then a broken compaibility fix is applied, and causes some sort of "aclayer" error. Renaming the .exe fools Windows into not applying the broken fix, and allows the game to run under XP.
And do not forget to set compatibility mode to win95/win98, just incase. (No 256 colours, etc was needed for me).

I play I'76 too, and I have the patches (D3D (-direct 3D), 3dfx, etc) but I only get direct 3D (D3D) and "normal mode" (software mode) to work.
When I try the 3dfx option, I get an error message which tells me that I must have at least 50 mb free on my harddrive, and that I need to have virtual memory activated. (Not sure if I have virtual mem. activated, will check that)
- DOes anyone know what I am talking about..? (please? I'76 NEED to work at it's best. ;) )
- I have memory & free space which are WAY over 50 mb. ;)

#33 Guest_Placenta BBB_*

Guest_Placenta BBB_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:08 PM

I wonder if that "hitman" and "tom" are the ones I remember from the early days..

PS. You can also use Microsoft Virtual PC, build a Win98 system INSIDE your Vista or XP, then you have better compatibility.

#34 MadBomb

MadBomb

Creeper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:05 AM

I wish I still had the same HD from back with the Nitro Pack, and whatnot.
They actually did a partial release of a patch for nitro pack that really stabilized it quite a bit, but it never hit the public, and only the beta testers of nitro pack got a hold of it- even then, only those that maintained contact with the point of contact.
If I recall correctly, there were 2 seperate patches, but the largest problem with them was that they weren't compatible with other versions.

I still remember all the bugs in the nitro pack that we were reporting, and it still got released as it was.

Now that I think about it I think Bozzer got the patches as well, but I doubt anyone still has them...
Then there was that whole thing of Bozzer getting a copy of Fallout in the mail instead of his beta.. Apparently the folks over at activision liked Fallout.

#35 monkey

monkey

Creeper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:26 PM

So does anyone want a game on I82?? Msn ----------> cs_flame@hotmail.com

#36 -HF- Wing' AVA

-HF- Wing' AVA

Creeper

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

And another thing, what was up with all those maps, most of em must have been half complete, the designers must have been soo lazy cuz they put all these extra bits in which were rather randome and pointless, however the mountains in vegas was neat i'll admit for a laugh. But the rest, what the hell was up with that, rush jobs I tell yas.

Then damage or no damage, they probably spent all of 5 mins making those damage models. I82 feels like mid beta, every time I play it I think... yeh, good game, fun game. Then after 5 min I start noticing all these flaws and thinking, why does that do that, why is that like that, that shouldnt happen, whats up with my in car gun, why is it a machine gun and a hand gun out of car

Evidently, I'82 WAS a mid-beta release according to some of the beta testers. The entire project was almost tanked instead of being released, but we got the last minute cleanup of the beta instead.

What we saw in I'82 was the difference between an arcade game and a simulation. I'76 felt almost real, it had just enough detail and depth to truly get lost in the world it created...I'82, on the other hand, felt contrived, cartoon-like, sophomoric.

I'm not a fan of the roll-over feature. Like you said, you flip a car full of military grade weaponry, munitions, armor and fuel, it's going to fireball. Same with bouncing it off of a steep grade on your way down...it seemed as if I'76 had some sort of complex algorithm that calculated the number and angle of bounces as you fell, along with the distance, and then would touch your car off. Very realistic, or at least believeable...if you survived more than three off-kilter bounces down a hillside, you were a god. Surviving a full-tilt, head-on crash into another player was a miracle, as well. I'm fairly certain that blowing up from an impact was simply shut off in Nitro due to complaints about lag ramming, which killed the fantastic destruction derbies we used to have, and stole the danger from ramming at the tail end of a drawn-out duel.

Physics play a huge role, as well. It's neat to see the car tumble all over the place, but I'76 had a bit of a tweak in that the cars were quite stable in the roll and yaw axis while airborne, and allowed you to land some fantastic jumps. This allowed a player to still have great fun doing stunts and racing while being able to concentrate more on fighting and just a bit less on driving when it got hot and heavy. I'm so enamored of the physics of the original game that I'm hoping the IO team does its best to replicate them.

No subtle hints here at all, of course. ;)

#37 -HF- Wing' AVA

-HF- Wing' AVA

Creeper

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:14 PM

Oh, and to chime in on the 'who still plays I'76' bit, if you got register on the forums at interstate76.com, you'll see that there's a Thursday night I'76 Nitro event...7 pm PST tonight! It's combat racing on Clove of Death, and I'll be there, ready to rock...

#38 Call3mann

Call3mann

Creeper

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:01 PM

Yes, the physics in I'76 is great! =O
The only bad thing is the poorly detailed terrain, way too low-poly. :/

If only you guys at the IO team can replicate those physics. ^^

#39 CBYikes

CBYikes

Creeper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:47 AM

I'll play 76 or 82... If I can get these darn servers to work. I will...

#40 FireHawk

FireHawk

Creeper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:49 PM

Oh, and to chime in on the 'who still plays I'76' bit, if you got register on the forums at interstate76.com, you'll see that there's a Thursday night I'76 Nitro event...7 pm PST tonight! It's combat racing on Clove of Death, and I'll be there, ready to rock...

You guys still race on clove.... That was the one racing map I wasn't happy with when it went out ;)

Take it easy
FH
INT FireHawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users