• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 roryok

roryok

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:41 PM

Let me start by saying I've been watching this forum for a long time, (I'm signed up since 2007) and I'm absolutely thrilled to see that you guys are still committed to this, and have decided to use an existing engine. For the record, I thought you made outstanding progress on writing your own game, but realistically it makes more sense to use an existing engine.

I'm a huge huge i76 fan. I'm keen to see this project succeed. I want to help out. But what can I do?

By trade, I'm a web developer. I'm ok at it, I can certainly throw a nice looking website together, but you guys seem to have that sorted. I can program at a fairly amateur level, and I've played around with the Crysis sandbox so I can sort of map. None of that is really helpful

What I can offer, and what I think will be most helpful, is the following:
I'm a writer. I'd consider myself to be a good one. I've written short stories, scripts and screenplays. I can proof-read scripts or dialogue.
I'm a director. I'm a stickler for acting quality - I believe there's nothing worse than bad-voice acting in a game. I can bring a couple of skilled voice-over artists to the table.
I'm an artist. I can do concept art, backdrops, and character designs, and I know some other hugely skilled artists who'd be delighted to help out.

Beyond that I plan on familiarising myself with the Crysis Sandbox/SDK pretty soon. I'm sure there are plenty far more talented mappers on the project already, but I can at least test things / find bugs etc.

#2 roryok

roryok

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

Let me start by saying I've been watching this forum for a long time, (I'm signed up since 2007) and I'm absolutely thrilled to see that you guys are still committed to this, and have decided to use an existing engine. For the record, I thought you made outstanding progress on writing your own game, but realistically it makes more sense to use an existing engine.

I'm a huge huge i76 fan. I'm keen to see this project succeed. I want to help out. But what can I do?

By trade, I'm a web developer. I'm ok at it, I can certainly throw a nice looking website together, but you guys seem to have that sorted. I can program at a fairly amateur level, and I've played around with the Crysis sandbox so I can sort of map. None of that is really helpful

What I can offer, and what I think will be most helpful, is the following:
I'm a writer. I'd consider myself to be a good one. I've written short stories, scripts and screenplays. I can proof-read scripts or dialogue.
I'm a director. I'm a stickler for acting quality - I believe there's nothing worse than bad-voice acting in a game. I can bring a couple of skilled voice-over artists to the table.
I'm an artist. I can do concept art, backdrops, and character designs, and I know some other hugely skilled artists who'd be delighted to help out.

Beyond that I plan on familiarising myself with the Crysis Sandbox/SDK pretty soon. I'm sure there are plenty far more talented mappers on the project already, but I can at least test things / find bugs etc.

I'm hoping, of course, that you're staying as true to the original as possible? The intro movie on the media page kind of threw me a bit... hadnt seen it before and I've only just watched it now

#3 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

Well, we're not recreating the original bit-for-bit. If one wanted to play i76 or i82, I would recommend most direct route available -- play the real thing. What we're aiming for is to recreate the best features of i76/i82 gameplay in a new decade. And once that's done, we'll move on to expand the capability of the game based on user feedback.

I'm really encouraged by your enthusiasm. Do you have MSN?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users