2 replies to this topic

#1 CBYikes

CBYikes

Creeper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hey all!!!

Ok, so it's been quite a while since I donated. I'd like to again sometime.
Since then, I've taught myself how to use Blender 2.6, and I can model, texture & animate just about anything you can think of.

I'm into game development at the moment, but I am still learning C#, and I'm using Unity3D (free version of 3.4)... Which is a start heh.

Here's 1 example of a recent project, Titanic Dog, work in progress:
http://tobop.com.au/.../WebPlayer.html

This uses a code which I purchased, and is only utilizing 1/10th of it at the moment (movement & scene changes).

For those who don't know Unity3D.. It's quite good, & suggest looking into it. There's a really good template project, video here:

Contains a helicopter & 1 jeep/buggy.

But then again, I downloaded IO a while back & it was looking really good. I'm just suggesting Unity, not saying you should start again. I'm actually not sure what engine IO uses lols.

I am on Skype most often - 'tobop08', and I'd like to be a proactive member of the team.

Regards to all!

#2 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hi CBYikes,

A little confused on our side when it comes to your skills and availability. Based on the PM you sent me, it sounds like you're already dedicated to another game. It also sounded like you have somebody else working as your programmer and you're relying on him?

But then in this post, you say you're learning C#, but provide a link to a demo using code you purchased.

Pretty confusing!

Well, I'll be honest with you, we already have a really great 3D artist on staff who can provide everything we need. We have two programmers and while we probably could use a third, I hesitate to take on somebody who is still learning since we've had very bad experiences with that in the past.

We really do appreciate the donations from everybody! It's amazing that so many people support us! We're looking to release sometime early next year!

#3 CBYikes

CBYikes

Creeper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Hey,

No worries. Good to see IO coming along.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users