• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chael

Chael

Creeper

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:56 PM

Does anyone remember the origional Interstate Outlaws? The mod for I82? I just found a copy of it on an old CD. I remember way back when it was in developement that guy Azz wouldn't share any information pertaining to importing cars to I82, claiming it would destroy I82. That was a long time ago. Maybe I'll fire it up in a few days and post some screens. If anyone wants a copy, maybe I can upload it somewhere.

#2 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:02 AM

Yup, I remember it. Azz and I made Interstate Outlaws. We worked pretty damn hard to get new cars in the game, not to mention that we were able to patch i82 so hosts could kick players. But by the time we had figured it out, nobody cared about i82 anymore. C'est la vie.

So now we started from scratch ;)

#3 Chael

Chael

Creeper

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:15 AM

You've done some great work over the years; I've been watching for a long time. I've done a few mini mods and such, but I've never been able to conform to anyone else's vision. I'm hoping that I can finish a few car models and send them off to you guys, just as a donation. Keep up the good work!

#4 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:44 PM

Hey, that would be great. The more help we can get around here, the better.

I think things will pickup this summer when more of us have free time.

#5 Gearu

Gearu

Creeper

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:49 AM

I remember the original IO, was sad to see it fizzle away, never got to play it, I thought it didn't get a public alpha build or whatever, the information that I read stated that IO was going to put I'82's cars into I'76, plus some custom ones like an Audi TT :o

My I'76 mods included custom paintjobs, wheels, dashboards (ask if I mean 'Dashboard Mary' and I will hurt you) and headlights etc.
If you think I can help out with IO in any way let me know.

I have in my posession the programs Pack '76, Hack '76 v.65b (the best version IMO) and Pro.bat (the program where you rename a variant file to vppt01.vcf and Pro.bat makes copies, naming them up to vppt17.vcf and that now becomes the mission car, it saves time).
I also have the historic document 'Hoppo?s Guide to Custom Paintjobs for the Game Interstate76' By David Hopkinson a.k.a Hoppo, complete with diagrams, I believe one or more of these are hard to find if at all findable on the internet, I would be happy to supply them to the I'76 community via a page on this site.

Attached is the only picture I have left of one of my early customs (ABX AMZ), my later ones were re-colourings with a few extras unlike this vibrant psycadelic offering, the headlights were red when turned on, and the double grey in the grill was drawn as horizontal 1 pixel tall lines, but when the camera moves it generates a chrome like effect as you can almost tell.
I am going to try and contact Gunslinger for lots of my custom work I sent him.

Attached Files

#6 dalowroller

dalowroller

Creeper

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:06 AM

Man it's surprising to see people into I76 still, I just got a wild hair and put a old machine together so I could play it. Talk about memories :) So after playing for a bit I thought I'd look for some of the old files for mods and I came across this thread and I would die to get a copy of those guides. I spent hours of my teenage day make custom cars and paintjobs.
I also seen some mention of a server being up still. I'd love to get some multi going on, that is after I learn the ropes again. 10 years of not playing and you loose allot of your tricks.

Hit me up on those guides if you can :)

Later, Dalowroller

I remember the original IO, was sad to see it fizzle away, never got to play it, I thought it didn't get a public alpha build or whatever, the information that I read stated that IO was going to put I'82's cars into I'76, plus some custom ones like an Audi TT :o

My I'76 mods included custom paintjobs, wheels, dashboards (ask if I mean 'Dashboard Mary' and I will hurt you) and headlights etc.
If you think I can help out with IO in any way let me know.

I have in my posession the programs Pack '76, Hack '76 v.65b (the best version IMO) and Pro.bat (the program where you rename a variant file to vppt01.vcf and Pro.bat makes copies, naming them up to vppt17.vcf and that now becomes the mission car, it saves time).
I also have the historic document 'Hoppo?s Guide to Custom Paintjobs for the Game Interstate76' By David Hopkinson a.k.a Hoppo, complete with diagrams, I believe one or more of these are hard to find if at all findable on the internet, I would be happy to supply them to the I'76 community via a page on this site.

Attached is the only picture I have left of one of my early customs (ABX AMZ), my later ones were re-colourings with a few extras unlike this vibrant psycadelic offering, the headlights were red when turned on, and the double grey in the grill was drawn as horizontal 1 pixel tall lines, but when the camera moves it generates a chrome like effect as you can almost tell.
I am going to try and contact Gunslinger for lots of my custom work I sent him.

#7 Arsenic Pants

Arsenic Pants

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:07 AM

woah!
granted this last post was in March, but i didn't think this game was still around (in a sort of a way)

I was actually on the dev team for the original Interstate Outlaws game as lead skinner for the new models
what a great time that was, the outlaws game mod was the saving grace we all hoped for

i actually have a bunch of super old files and screenshots from the original Outlaws builds, i'll upload them to photobucket and let you all have a gander
lots of them are unfinished as the project kind of fizzled out as some of you have mentioned
cheers :)

Strider skins
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

a postal van
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Arsenic Pants

Arsenic Pants

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:08 AM

test shots and skins for new pirahna
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Arsenic Pants

Arsenic Pants

Creeper

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:09 AM

an unreleasedd Ferrari 360 skin
Posted Image

the audi TT, i think this was one of the first teaser releases
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

some Gremlin / leprechaun skins, i was particularly excited about this car since i owned a '77 Gremlin at the time
Posted Image
Posted Image

a military jeep
Posted Image

a prowler i guess i started working on
Posted Image

i never started on this one i guess, but i think it was supposed to be the rattler
Posted Image

and a skin for one of the new weapons
Posted Image

so who knows is anyone'll read this, but i thought i'd post it anyhow
also, if anyone is interested, for some reason, i still have my entire i'82 skin collection backed up in a folder
it's almost 900 skins, most of them mine, i can zip them up if anyone is interested
most of the psd's are still around too

#10 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 02:48 PM

AP, how's it goin?!

You should definitely rejoin IO ;)

#11 xetura

xetura

Groove

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:56 PM

I'd be interested in the i82 skins. I spent more time doing skins for I82 than i did playing that game! Apparently I82 had an in-car dash-cam and a pistol you could aim out the side in early beta, but it was scrapped for god knows why. Here's the link. Very interesting and disappointing at the same time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users