3 replies to this topic

#1 GREZZO16

GREZZO16

Creeper

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

Hi to everyone
i'm an Italian guy and a long timed player.

Interstate76 was my first "demo" on my fist pc and i fell in love with the groove-style of the '70s.

Now i've found this project (well, i've found it about 2 years ago, but i've not wrote anything) and i've tried the alpha: it's wonderful!

But i have some questions, since i didn't find any complete FAQS for my questions.

1: Is the aim of IO setting up an entire stand-alone game with the interstate "style"? Or are you planning to make IO an opensource project compatible with I76/i82 data files?
To explain me better i suggest you to click here about OpenTyrian --> SDL port of a dos game that use original game files with a new engine. Or ShugenDo a closed source engine for Mugen compatible with old files.

2: If the answer at the fist question is "stand alone", so are you going to set up a single player campaign? or only multiplayer?
looking at the video seems you are working on a single player campaign.

3: Have you ever played at others OpenSource games like Torcs, SuperTuxKart, Racer.nl?
maybe someone skilled of those project may help you with IO. Opensource is wonderful because everyone could help!

4: What license has IO? GPL v1/v2/v3?

5: Have you ever thought about using "web-tools" such as Sourceforge or GoogleCode to develop and advertise the game?
most of opensource games are on those sites, because of the layout and the tools oriented in development (issue tracker, svn checkout, source browser)

6: Have you ever thought about using SVN or other source code distribution tools?
just to make it simple following the development, instal waiting for a build or a package release.

7: you should tell us how it's going! in about 20 months IO should have been updated!
yeah lot of people think this project is dead, but i know it isn't.
But the developing forum are closed and we can't see how it's going!

byeeeeeeeee

Edited by GREZZO16, 21 April 2009 - 09:18 AM.

#2 GREZZO16

GREZZO16

Creeper

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

mmh seems no one could reply me.

Anyway i'm updating the previous post with new questions and new layout.

#3 Evo

Evo

Public Relations

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:35 AM

1: Is the aim of IO setting up an entire stand-alone game with the interstate "style"? Or are you planning to make IO an opensource project compatible with I76/i82 data files?

The concept is to develop a standalone game very similar in feel to Interstate, something that would be instantly recognisable to someone who's played the series before. There won't be any compatibility with old i76 & i82 data files.

2: If the answer at the fist question is "stand alone", so are you going to set up a single player campaign? or only multiplayer?

Multiplayer. No plans for a single player mode at this stage.

3: Have you ever played at others OpenSource games like Torcs, SuperTuxKart, Racer.nl?

Not personally.

4: What license has IO? GPL v1/v2/v3?

R5 should be able to field that question.

5: Have you ever thought about using "web-tools" such as Sourceforge or GoogleCode to develop and advertise the game?

Yep, we make pretty good use of the tools available to us.

6: Have you ever thought about using SVN or other source code distribution tools?

We are currently using SVN.

7: you should tell us how it's going! in about 20 months IO should have been updated!

There will be updates in the near future.
This is just a placeholder...

#4 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:48 AM

The old IO is under GPL. I can't say for certain what the new IO (currently being developed) will fall under.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users