• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Maxaxle

Maxaxle

Creeper

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

I recently heard about how some old mappers (from [GUN], was it?) had managed to put some really nice cars into their maps, simply laying around. I'd like to take that concept a little further, by having outright new (stock) cars to work with. How would I go about doing this? I've already unpacked all of the .ZFS files with Dragon UnPACKer, but I'm not familiar with a lot of the different types of files used. At the least, I'd like to modify an existing car into a Piranha. At the most, I'd like to make a really nice car of my own design.  

#2 Jon-Factor

Jon-Factor

Dev Team

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

It is certainly possible, however it was about 10 years ago any of us did it and it was a LOT of work. I don't think I could remember if I wanted to. Some of the other guys might RedFive, Azz, Evo. It was originally done for the original outlaws mod for I'82. This is a copy of the Ransom Marshal,the skin was just a place-marker I was not the best skinner or model maker for that matter.

ransommarshal.png

marguns.jpg

#3 Jon-Factor

Jon-Factor

Dev Team

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Another one that didn't get finished.

courchal2.jpg

#4 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

I don't remember all of the details, either, butI do remember it being a pain. I'm almost certain that i82 had its own proprietary 3d format. We originally started out recoding each 3d node by hand. I think eventually we found somebody who could run the plugin that came with i82 (I believe it was for Maya), but it, too, was buggy as hell.

Honestly? It's not worth it. Go download the original i82 interstate outlaws mod and have fun with it.

#5 Maxaxle

Maxaxle

Creeper

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

I don't remember all of the details, either, butI do remember it being a pain. I'm almost certain that i82 had its own proprietary 3d format. We originally started out recoding each 3d node by hand. I think eventually we found somebody who could run the plugin that came with i82 (I believe it was for Maya), but it, too, was buggy as hell.

Honestly? It's not worth it. Go download the original i82 interstate outlaws mod and have fun with it.

Wait, what? Where?

#6 Jon-Factor

Jon-Factor

Dev Team

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

The software was called softimage, the plugin came with the terraformer. If I recall you need a certain version of softimage. Lets just say it's not worth it ;)

Try this, have fun, wait for Interstate Outlaws ;)

http://www.i82.co.uk...ods/outlaws.zip

#7 Maxaxle

Maxaxle

Creeper

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

The software was called softimage, the plugin came with the terraformer. If I recall you need a certain version of softimage. Lets just say it's not worth it ;)

Try this, have fun, wait for Interstate Outlaws ;)

404'd. Any ideas?

#8 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

#9 Jon-Factor

Jon-Factor

Dev Team

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

My bad.

#10 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Yes, yes it was. Who let you on the internet?! :lol:

#11 Maxaxle

Maxaxle

Creeper

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

Not really sure how to install this....Just copypaste into I'82 folder?

EDIT: Did just that, came up with Runtime Error 53: "File Not Found". But then again I'm using the AVA version of I'82, patched with their patch.

#12 Srle_Vigilante

Srle_Vigilante

Creeper

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

How do you install that outlaws...

#13 DJ_Edyo

DJ_Edyo

Creeper

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Ive checked the files, i could make it, but i need a serious talk over here. i want to knowwitch witch program exaclty you used to edit this damn game thats the only thing i want to know. so we might do somting good in 

Interstate'82 Vigilante's Association

Here For Bringing The Best Is'82 Gaming Times !
www.i82va.com

#14 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:16 PM

We already told you. Softimage. Good luck with that.

#15 DJ_Edyo

DJ_Edyo

Creeper

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

haha XD i know its softimage but with one ? :o the Autodesk compagny one or Avid one.

www.i82va.com

#16 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

I believe the terraformer documents specify which version you need. Have you tried the readme or the plugin documents?

#17 DJ_Edyo

DJ_Edyo

Creeper

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

ive checked it and no it dosent specify it, at first view, all it says that it cotains the plugin for it ... and i have to say.. im kinda lost here simply because there is so many softwaire called softimage now from diferent copagnier and diferent versions. thats why i asked earlyer

www.i82va.com

#18 R5

R5

Team Lead

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

I guarantee you nobody here remembers the version number. It was like 10 years ago that we made that mod for i82. You're going to have to dig around the files and find it. There was no magic involved, that's how we figured it out. Goodluck and post the version number here when you find it just in case somebody else wants it. Doubtful, but it's possible.

#19 DJ_Edyo

DJ_Edyo

Creeper

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Allright im pretty sure i can figure it out in this case, ive already figure out how to change the original game menu carlisting files to make new stock models .vdf availaible in the game menu for the cars without making them replace any original ones. just need to add a vdf into the carlist.def then after this rename the cdf of the car itself to make it as a new entry. Now my current poblem that i seems i cant find any sort of weapons list file. making it weard... cause i dont want to make the mg replace anyting. but add it as i did for the calist.

www.i82va.com

#20 Jon-Factor

Jon-Factor

Dev Team

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Directory contains SoftImage exporter for exporting models for use in Interstate '82.  Requires SoftImage 3.71 or greater to work.

From the terraformer readme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users